Those early days with a newborn, before the umbilical cord stump has even fallen off can be so overwhelming. But if you’re ready to try cloth diapers already, that is awesome! But even if you wait until the cord falls off, we have all kinds of tips for getting the perfect fit for you on our YouTube channel! Whenever you choose to cloth diaper, Lil Helper is here for you.
Thanks goes to Sharon of Diaper-eez Cloth Diapers Toronto for the steps outlined in this post! Thanks, Sharon!
You’ve got the nursery all prepped for your little one but one question remains - how do I get my Lil Helper cloth diapers to fit my newborn? Even with the umbilical cord still attached!? We’ve got the tips for you to snap right up!
Every once in a while in life you come across someone who changes your world for the better. That person is me. You are welcome! I discovered how to make a Lil Helper one size cloth diaper fit a newborn and allow your baby's freshly minted belly button to breathe. No need for special newborn cloth diapers when you use this snap configuration! I came up with this idea all by myself while snapping a Lil Helper diaper on a fake baby for the 1000th time.
How to Cloth Diaper a Newborn with Umbilical Cord still Attached
- Use only the small insert with your one-size Lil Helper Cloth Diaper.
- Leave the front of the insert unsnapped and just snap the back.
- Snap the diaper to the middle setting using the 3 rows of snaps on the front.
- Fold the front flap of the diaper down just above the bottom row of snaps.
- Holding the sides of the diaper, snap the side snaps into the first and last bottom row snaps.
- Take the right side of the diaper (female snaps) and snap into the middle (ignore the inner snap above). Then take the other side of the diaper and snap it onto the right side of the cover into the female snap.
See! Wasn't that a snap? Alright, snap out of it and snap to it!
Looking for the video version? We have all that and more on the Lil Helper YouTube channel!
What? You don't have a cloth diaper for your newborn? You can solve the problem in less than 2 minutes by going here and getting some of your own fabulous Lil Helper Cloth Diapers.
Are you cloth diapering from birth? Or did you wait for the cord stump to fall off before taking the leap to cloth diapers? Let us know your tips and tricks in the comments below!