One of the most popular products for babies and toddlers and the amount of choice can be overwhelming. Just like cloth diapers, bibs come in different sizes, materials, and closure types not to mention prints, colors and characters.
If you’re like me and too much choices makes your anxiety spike, go out and grab a Biggie Bib (or 5) you won’t regret it, I promise!
Or stick around to see some comparisons of different bibs to help you make the best choice for you!
Material used in Bibs:
- Waterproof: Sick of doing laundry? Want to do less? You might want an option that doesn’t soak up water and can be wiped easily
- Soft material: Any material you choose should be soft. Your baby has super sensitive skin and toddlers are very tactile. If a bib is itchy or rubs, your little one won’t want to wear it.
So, what are the options?
- Soft and absorbent but can stick to skin when wet.
- Stains easily
- Waterproof or water resistant
- Stain resistant
- Washer friendly
- Some are dryer friendly on low-medium heat.
- Easily wipeable
- Long lasting
- More expensive
The best designed Bibs: What to look for
- Adjustable neck: Blink and your little one turns from the tiniest babe to a toddler, alligator rolling for diaper changes and insisting on doing everything themselves. Having a bib that adjusts in size is key if you don't want to replace your bibs every couple months.
- Closures: As your kiddo grows you’ll find they pull at everything, including bibs. With some closures like Velcro, a determined toddler can tear it off in no time, so it might be best to find something with snaps or buttons so your little Houdini can't escape it.
- Kangaroo Pouch or Pocket: Do you want a bib that protect neck and chest or do you want an option that has a pouch for catching bits of food that would otherwise land on the floor or in babe’s lap?
- Coverage Area: Does your kiddo dine like a T Rex chowing down? Will you be attending a snazzy event where you’ll want to protect their outfit at all costs? You might want to consider something with more full coverage than a bib. You can get full bodied bibs as well as some with full length sleeves. Lil Helper has a great option in our SMOCKET .
So, you may want a bib that is all silicone for easy wiping. Or storage and being compact might be the most important thing for you. Or perhaps you want something that will grow with your little one. Like most baby products, it is great to try multiple options and see what works and is most important to your family.
Our recommendation? Start with a Biggie Bib. These bad boys have adjustable necks, easy snap pockets, a wipeable PUL on one side and super soft absorbent bamboo on the other. They are a great first option to let you try multiple features all at once, then build your bib stash based on what your priorities are!
The Biggie Bib is the one and only multi-use, multitasking bib that you and your little ones will ever need. It is like Robin William’s Genie: beautiful, often hilario...